Thursday, February 16, 2006

Designing in my dreams

I wonder if this happens to jewelry designers or any designer for that matter, but I get some wonderful ideas in my dreams.

I am not sure if this happens because I am in a relaxed, in a semi-state of consciousness and dreamland. But sometimes in my dreams my focus will drift to a particular bead, maybe something I have contemplated for a while but have not quite matched yet, maybe a little forgotten bead, maybe something un-usually shaped ... maybe is a particular finding or just a set of beads with different colors that come to my head and start dancing and taking shape.

Frankly, the process seems to be very simply during this time, it is like connecting little dots, the beads seem to come together and then it happens.

BOOM! something will appear in my head an in my semi-consious mind I will see it and it makes complete sense and I find saying to myself "Wow! That is pretty cool, how come I did not think about that before?" In a way you can say some of my designs are dreamy ;)

Glossary words:
Alpaca (also spelled alpacca) or sometimes called German silver is an alloy consisting of mostly copper (roughly 60 percent), and approximately 20 percent nickel, about 20 percent zinc, and about 5 percent tin. This metal is a a great silver substitute. It is tarnish resistant and has a beautiful polish, making jewelry very affordable.

Alexandrite is type of chrysoberyl which gives the appeareance of different colors depending on the light. Alexandrite appears to be red when seen in candle light and blue to green when seen in fluorescent light. This effect can sometimes happen to other stones such as garnet or saphires. This effect is known as the "Alexandrite effect"

No comments: